Sunday, February 8, 2009

An Interesting Two Days.

I watched the February 5th and 6th airings of The Young and the Restless with some interest and very little surprise. What surprise I experienced was big.


Nick and Sharon hooking up in the snowy retreat a la Clark Gable and Loretta Young was no real surprise there. I don't even think Phyllis was surprised. I liked that she just asked Nick straight up about it. No use beating around the bush. That Brad Carlton when running after Sharon was no surprise either. Brad Carlton saving Noah's hash when he fell into the water, oddly enough, no surprise.

Brad dying, BIG surprise.


Did the actor want out? Did the powers that be want him out? Or, did the writers concede that they had nothing better for him to do than to mess with Phyllis, Jack and Victor and pine after Sharon and engage in 'do as I say, not as I do' with Colleen-all of which gets old.

In fact, the most interesting storyline that he had in a long time was that he was really Jewish
(I still laugh over the fact that they see this as a big revelation) and that his mother survived the Holocaust by being forced by her Nazi captors into cataloguing their ill gotten art and that they were gunning for her because she knew too much, which then led to the murder of her daughter and her husband.

I can't say that I ever liked the character. I always thought it was funny that he was the Abbot's gardner. I suppose that I didn't think that a character like Brad would get bumped off.

In the midst of mourning and shiva and such, I learned that Abby's been SORASed again so that she is a tween/teen. Victor is clearly looking to her to save his dynasty after the spectacular failure of Adam.

Phyllis did suspect that Nick and Sharon found a way to stay warm and he confirmed it. I shook my head when Phyllis came downstairs before they left to pay their respects concerning Brad. She was badass and awesome when she confronted Nick and told him that they were going to pay call at the shiva. She then begged him to stay even after he gave her that crap about how he loved both of them.

I think this should play two ways-open marriage or terse but amicable divorce. Phyllis should wake up and get crucial. Nick can be cool, but at the end of the day as he keeps showing, he's a spoiled brat. Adam's kinda lookin' good right now.

I am hoping that there won't be a Jack-Phyllis reunion. Jack blew that out the water so long ago. I honestly wish that much like what happened with Tracy, someone would come along that Phyllis could have a relationship with and Nick would just let her be.

Gloria in jail-long time coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment